Disclaimer and Copyright
- Published: Tuesday, 29 January 2013 12:26
- Written by Erik van den Elsen
All the data and information contained in the CASCADE Project website (www.cascade-project.eu) and the CASCADIS Information System website (www.cascadis-project.eu) have been subject to a series of rigorous quality assurance procedures. However please note the following.
- The editors and authors are not able to guarantee the topicality, accuracy, completeness or quality of any data, information or methodology provided herein.
- Parts of this website (including all linked material) may be extended, changed or partly or completely deleted by the editors and authors without separate announcement.
- The editors and authors have no responsibility for determining the fitness or suitability of the data, information or methodologies for use by a third party.
- Neither CASCADE nor the European Commission can be held accountable for any loss, damage, injury or any other occurrence arising from their use.
- The websites contain links to external sites over which CASCADE has have no control, and for which we have no responsibility.
- The information displayed on this website, or in the publications that can be downloaded from here, does not necessarily represent the view of the European Commission.
If you notice information on one of the previously mentioned websites that you believe should be corrected or updated, please contact us. We shall try to remedy the problem.
[This disclaimer is to be regarded as part of the CASCADE Project website and the CASCADIS Information System website, or any other document you were referred from. If sections or individual terms of this statement are not legal or correct, the content or validity of the other parts remain uninfluenced by this fact.]
2. Copyright and conditions of use of CASCADE products
The CASCADE website and the CASCADIS Information System website are proprietary products of the integrated research project CASCADE (CASCADE – Catastrophic shifts in Drylands: how can we prevent ecosystem degradation), co-funded by European Commission, Directorate General for Research under Framework Programme 7, ENV.2011.2.1.4-2 - Behaviour of ecosystems, thresholds and tipping points (Contract Number 283068) and is therefore protected by Copyright Law. The full ownership and all copyrights of all data, information and methodologies (including the text, images, audio and video files) contained in this website are reserved.
However, the ethos of the project is to disseminate information and promote further research about preventing ecosystem degradation in drylands. Consequently, unless otherwise indicated, re-use of content on the website for non-commercial purposes is permitted, free of charge, under the following conditions.
- Users are required to acknowledge the relevant author/s and the CASCADE Project as a whole in all reference or publications that involve the use of CASCADE data, information or methodology.
- If the use of data, information or methodology is extensive, users must offer CASCADE co-authorship of any proposed publication. CASCADE will have the right to accept this offer, allow the user to publish in his/her own right, or refuse permission to publish.
If the opportunity is given in this website for the input of personal or business data (email address, name, postal address, etc); that input is voluntary. The use of all offered services is permitted (if and so far technically possible and reasonable) without specification of any personal data or under specification of anonymized data or an alias. The use of published postal addresses, telephone or fax numbers and email addresses for marketing purposes is prohibited. Measures will be taken against offenders sending unwanted (spam) messages.